Images

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Illustration Friday~Sea

So here we are just 8 days before Christmas with a full work schedule ahead and barely a present to be had, and my creative juices decide to kick in full steam ahead! 

I have to say this last year I’ve had my doubts if art was still a part of my life. I have not had an ounce of desire to create anything, from pen to paper to tossing paint around, NOTHING! Not even a quick sketch on a napkin!  I’ve never had this long of a dry spell.


And then I took a moment to look back...


Dream come true
It's been a long busy year with movement and change and maybe even some growth? I've been pulled in many different directions and most of the changes have been good. Much of my creativity went into house and yard projects. And then there’s always extra hours at my library. Also my daughter got her drivers licence! Yay! Add in more house projects. Worked on losing lots of debt! Another Yay! My husband got his classic car he's always wanted So we cruised, him more than I.
And lot’s of time spent with friends…"Life stuff"


Container garden--and they got red!


Mickey

I also took on a second job last April working for Saint Ann's Shrine. Although I no longer have that job it was a blessing to work there for the short time I did. Again looking back I believe it helped me to cope with the loss of my brother who just recently passed away. Mickey was diagnosed with colon cancer a little over a year ago. I was fortunate to have been able to spend a good amount of time with him this past year, whether it was just hanging out with him or taking him to his treatments, it was special to be able to have had that time. It also warmed my heart to see how many people were touched by his life. I can’t help but think that part of my muse kicking in has been a way of coping with this loss, or maybe it’s Mick giving me a little push. I think I’d like to believe that.

I guess I’ve been a binge artist long enough to not question the creative process, or lack of it too much. I’m just happy it’s back!



For Illustration Friday’s word of the week “Sea” let’s kick back to the days of the Yellow Submarine!



Hope the fish like it!

This piece is a background for my fish tank. I do hope my fish appreciate the effort :)

Here is the process along with the whole image below.










 







 



No comments:

Post a Comment