Images

Saturday, November 14, 2015

IF-Animal

It's good to be back to posting my art, even though this piece is not newly created sometimes just getting back in a groove counts. I've been trying to get another piece accomplished these last few weeks. It's a piece for a friend and one of my kid's room pictures. It's really not a hard piece to do, I just have to finish it! But life has been a bit chaotic as of late. First preparing for a craft fair, which by the way was a total bust! I don't think I will give anymore energy to that venue. On the other hand it was a great motivator, I got to spend time with 2 of my cousins and I got all my art in order! Plus since doing that event it motivated me to send out 2 submission. So it wasn't really a waste, I  just didn't make any bucks! But a couple friends ventured out to support me (thanks Bethany and Nance) and it's that kind of things that just makes it a bit more worthwhile.
Then last Friday my husband went in for rotator cuff surgery. He's doing really well,  yet it was a challenging week! He'll be off of work for a couple of months, and I will continue picking up extra work on my job as long as it's offered. The holiday season 
is here!

The piece I am showing today is part of a series of illustrations that I created for a poem. I have thoughts of making a book of my children's poems and maybe when I get some of my other work completed I will do just that. As of right now I have two things on the table and first things first. I'm still holding out hope of participating  in the SCBWI's Tomie dePaola Award, but time is 
getting tight!
So for today I give you these two animals for Illustration Friday's word of the week!



Wishing you all a lovely Thanksgiving! 

And for all my friends near and  far "Peace"to you!

2 comments:

  1. I love these animals as you know! And you are so welcome you know I support all of your work and love it all!!! I am so glad you have kept up for 3 weeks now cuz I miss seeing and reading your posts every weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany I've taken up your advice that you give me at the craft fair and I am in the process of doing a FB promotion page! I have always appreciated your support! You're the best my friend!!!

      Delete